• The IT Business Decision Support Consultant Level 2 is accountable for gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing business requirements for large and/or complex IT projects while producing high quality documentation and providing subject matter expertise in one or more key areas to IT teams, business stakeholders, and end-users to contribute to the achievement of BC Hydro’s organizational objectives.
• NOTE: Subject matter expertise could be business domain specific or technology specific such as off the shelf product knowledge.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum seven (7) years of business analysis working experience in large IT projects in a complex enterprise environment or equivalent.
• Produce high quality documentation process Impact Assessments, Process Maps and Designs and follow through on deliverables with stakeholder reviews, approvals and sign-offs so that projects are implemented safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
• Liaise with internal and external teams / vendors on data migration and system interface activities to ensure dependencies are understood, addressed, and requirements are correctly communicated and recorded using documents such as Business Requirements, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, Data Requirements, Business Scenarios and Use Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Functional Specifications, and User Interface Specifications.
• Assist with testing, including creation of test documentation such as Test Plans, Test Scenarios/Scripts and Test Reports to ensure that the business requirements are met.
• Provide ongoing clarification and support to the user experience, development, training, and testing teams to ensure correct interpretation of the business requirements and process design and to contribute to their success.
• Assist the Project Manager with planning activities for subsequent phases of the project; contribute to the successful transition to sustainment teams; document meeting outcomes in meeting minutes to enable timely completion of project tasks.
• Facilitate and lead collaborative workshops with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and implementation consultants both internal and external to conduct analysis for assigned deliverables.
• Work to ensure viability of process design solutions and that they satisfy business requirements and project objectives.
• Conduct impact analysis on changes to designs / scope and record changes in the change log.
• May be required to create change management documentation including Stakeholder Impact Analysis, Change Management Approach, and Training Materials to deliver communication to stakeholders during roll-out activities.
• Provide subject matter expertise in one or more key areas such as specific applications or infrastructure technologies, as applicable to continuously build capability at BC Hydro.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Engineering, or equivalent
• Good working knowledge of the business domain and how the business objectives will be met with the technology solutions
• Advanced technical skills in business analysis with the ability to come up to speed quickly, gaining an understanding of the business problem/opportunity, project objectives, and high-level design completed to date
• Good working knowledge of the following, an asset:
o Public sector or utilities industry
• Excellent facilitation, coordination, and interpersonal skills
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken