Senior SAP Program Manager - Distribution Design Modernization (DDM)
Location of Services Hybrid (Remote & On Site)
Responsible for successfully delivering a large, complex, multi-stream, multi-year project from beginning to end. Will provide reporting into the organization's executive team.
Estimated Work Start Date03-Jan-2022
Estimated Work End Date31-Aug-2022
Standard Hours Per Day7.50
Estimated Work Days172.00
The ideal candidate has direct strong experience with successful implementation of an integrated utility distribution design and enterprise asset management project, using SAP technology.
• 10+ years of SAP project implementation experience as a Project Manager
• 5+ full project lifecycle (blueprint to go-live) implementations as a Project Manager
• Managed projects including complex, multi-module, cross-business group SAP implementations
• Managed projects using SAP ASAP methodology
• Managed projects for utilities
Desirable qualifications, however having at least one of them is mandatory:
• Managed implementation of Compatible Unit Management (CU)
• Managed implementation of SAP EAM PM (Plant Maintenance) module (integration with a GIS solution is an asset)
• Managed implementation of a utility-focused design tool (e.g. Automated Utility Design)
Qualifications considered an asset:
• Familiarity with SAP IS-U Customer Service
• Familiarity with Automated Utility Design (AUD)
• Familiarity with GIS solutions such as Smallworld GIS
• Managed projects using SAP Activate methodology
The project will address end of life enterprise software and infrastructure by modernizing BC Hydro’s distribution design processes. The project aims to improve design productivity by combining separate tools into a single solution.
The SAP Program Manager will manage the whole project including the following streams:
1) Migration of the existing Distribution Design work management capabilities from Passport to SAP and implementation of Compatible Units (CU).
2) Exploration and implementation of a modern design tool (such as Spatial Business Systems Automated Utility Design) that combines graphical design and tabular design with engineering calculations and integrates with SAP and Smallworld GIS as well as other key systems.
3) Modernization of the electrical connection request processes by replacing the existing custom application with a new customer service connection tool that will integrate with SAP.
The project will be done in multiple phases and is currently estimated to finish in 5 years. This engagement is for the first phase and will be extended for the subsequent phases.