IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Director - Information Technology to join our client in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Why work with our client?
- They are a well established and growing company.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a tight knit IT team.
- They offer a hybrid and flexible work model.
- The President is very passionate about IT and sees the value of staying up to date to ensure that their IT department is consistently evolving to support the business.
The Director – Information Technology will report to the President while working directly with the Executive Team(s) and Site Management, and will oversee all aspects of the computing infrastructure supporting the day to day needs of these entities.
The company has assembled a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and well-balanced team and currently requires a progressive IT leader with the proper demeanor and drive to lead this division. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of strong IT experience with a history of delivering consistent technology performance and support.
- Proactively ensure the performance and stability of overall information technology infrastructure
- Lead development and implementation processes for the organization’s IT systems and department.
- Oversee and maintain an effective and high-performance IT team with the requisite capabilities and support attitude such that the highest level of service to clients is maintained.
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establish efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversee security of systems, networks, and enterprise information and proactively embed the necessary security infrastructure to prevent ongoing risk
- Facilitate IT security audits or investigations both directly and utilizing external partners
- Develop and maintain proactive and productive relationships with external IT vendors and service providers some of which have been in place over a long tenure.
- Coordinate multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Collaborate with the Executive Team(s) and Site Management to ensure their IT needs are met as they seek to deliver their business objectives
Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of IT architectures, current technology and practical applications to support the company’s goals.
- A diligent, calm and team based approach in dealing with issues
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree a plus)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in IT operations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience overseeing IT teams and projects
- Certifications and continuing education preferred
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ is a specialized recruitment agency focused exclusively on connecting top-tier organizations with tech professionals of the highest caliber in Canada. Our purpose is simple: creating opportunity – for our consultants, candidates, clients, and our teammates.
As we strive to help smart people find each other, we are committed to providing the highest level of service with our team of +20 dedicated tech recruiters who know the industry. Our specialist approach incorporates all relevant Information Technology skill sets (PMO, Development, and Infrastructure) which are managed by dedicated Recruitment Practice Leads and their respective recruitment teams.
Our values are reflected in everything that we do; nothing short of excellence is acceptable.
Mission: We help smart people find each other.