• The Business Decision Support Professional Level 3 facilitates complex decision-making in support of the design and implementation of business change or improvement initiatives.
• NOTE: The Business Decision Support Professional Level 3 is most likely an expert in business, specializing in a particular field such as Risk Management, Policy Advisory, Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement, or Business Transformation.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum sixteen (16) years of directly related work experience or equivalent.
• Translate business insights into strategic, actionable options by obtaining and organizing key business information, enabling informed decision-making.
• Facilitate decision-making across diverse groups of stakeholders by using excellent skills in communication, critical thinking, and persuasive influencing to deliver recommendations that align to the business goals.
• Maintain meaningful business relationships by prioritizing strategic considerations in a complex environment with diverse groups of stakeholders so that projects are implemented as planned.
• Plan and organize business initiatives by using expert knowledge in business drivers, risk tolerance, and trade-off processes, to enable successful integration and adoption in BC Hydro’s complex and regulated environment.
• Contribute to the development of decision-making standards by using expert knowledge in industry trends and practices, to enable consistent principle-based decision-making.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
• Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Work Assignment Requirements:
Strategic business advisor is being sought to support the delivery of our client's ERP Program. Resource would support the ERP Program Manager and the Director of Enterprise Solutions and Analytics in delivery of key program functions. This includes:
- Writing of business cases to authorize funding and other justification / business critical documents
- Delivering program management activities in coordination with project managers and other team members including but not limited to issue / risk investigation, documentation, and resolution
- Facilitating key meetings and discussions with team members, coordinating agendas and documenting meeting minutes / discussions.
- Organizes and manages program level documentation
- Drafting key communications related to ERP program management activities
Background and experience sought:
- Experience in authoring business cases and authorizations / justification for funding
- Experience in large transformational technology programs, particularly in translating technical concepts into business friendly terms and communications
- Excellent oral, facilitation and written communication skills
- Experience writing business cases to authorize funding and other justification / business critical documents
- Experience delivering program management activities in coordination with project managers and other team members including but not limited to issue / risk investigation, documentation, and resolution